Data Privacy Statement
The protection of your private sphere is very important to us. Within the context of this data privacy statement we will be providing you with comprehensive information on the type of data being collected and the extent of the data collection as well as the purpose for which your personal data is being processed and used.
Section 1 Collecting, processing and using personal data
1. When collecting, processing and using your personal data we will be observing the applicable data privacy regulations.
Personal data refers to particulars either of a personal or factual nature concerning a specific or determinable natural person (e.g. their name, their address, their phone number, their E-Mail address).
2. You can visit our Website without having to provide personal particulars. We will only be storing the following access data without reference to a person:
- date and time of the inquiry,
- difference of the time zone to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- content of the demands (actual page)
- access status/http status code
- the data volume that was respectively transferred,
- Website from which the demand came,
- browser, operating system and its surface,
- language and function of the browser software.
These data will exclusively be processed to improve our service; they will not allow any personal information to be inferred.
3. Personal data will only be collected if you voluntarily give us this information when you open an account, when you place an order or when you register for our newsletter. We will exclusively be using the data you provide us without your special permission to fulfil and handle your order. When the contract has been completely fulfilled and the purchase price completely paid, your data will be blocked for any further use, and after the retention periods relating to tax and commercial law have expired they will be deleted insofar as you have not explicitly consented to their further use.
4. When registering for our newsletter, your E-Mail address will be used for our own advertising purposes until you cancel the newsletter registration. You may deregister at any time by contacting us at our contact details below or by using the specified link on our newsletter.
5. We will collect, process and use the information you have given us using our contact form or by E-Mail (such as your E-Mail address, your name, your address, and your phone number) exclusively to process your inquiry.
1. We use so-called Cookies on various pages to facilitate the use of our Website, to make it more attractive and to allow the use of certain functions. These are small text files which are deposited on to your terminal. Several of the Cookies we use will be deleted after the browser session has ended, i.e. after your browser has been closed (so-called session Cookies). Other Cookies will remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies to recognise your browser during the next visit (persistent Cookies). You can set your browser so that you will be notified when Cookies are being deposited and decide on a case-by-case basis whether you want to accept them or exclude the acceptance of Cookies in certain cases or in general. A non-acceptance of our Cookies can lead to a restricted functionality of our Website.
Section 3 Transfer of personal data
1. Your data will be transferred to the mail-order firm commissioned to deliver your order insofar as this is necessary to deliver the merchandise. To handle the payments we will be passing on your payment data either to the bank commissioned to deal with the payment or the billing service selected in the order process.
Section 4 Google Analytics
1. Along with the use of our Website for purely information purposes, we also offer various other services which you may use as you please. For this purpose you must always provide us with additional personal data which we will use to provide the respective service. If additional optional information can be provided, this will be designated accordingly.
2. The IP address provided by your browser within the context of Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
3. You may prevent having the Cookies stored by setting your browser software accordingly. We would however like to point out that in this case you might not be able to use all functions of this Website fully.
4. In addition, you may also prevent having the data created by the Cookie and data relating to your use of the Website (including your IP address) collected and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de). As an alternative to the browser plug-in or within browsers on mobile devices, to set an Opt-Out-Cookie that will prevent data from being collected by Google Analytics within this Website in future (this Opt-Out-Cookie only functions for this browser and this domain; should you delete your Cookies in this browser, you will then have to click on this link again) please click on the following link deactivate Google Analytics.
5. This Website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymize IP ()”. This allows IP addresses to be shortened and reprocessed; it also excludes any direct inference to a person.
6. Google Analytics is used according to the conditions which the German data security officials have arranged with Google. Information on the third-party supplier: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordan House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, data privacy overview: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/, as well as the data privacy statement: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
Section 5 Inclusion of services and third party content
1. Third-party content such as RSS Feeds, You Tube videos or map material from Google Maps or graphics from other Websites may possibly be integrated on our Website. By visiting the Website the third-party supplier will be informed that you have called up the corresponding subpage of the Website. In addition, the data mentioned under item 2 of this statement will be transferred. This will occur independently of whether this third-party supplier provides a user account which you have logged into or if no user account exists. If you are logged into the plug-in provider, these data will be allocated directly to your account. If you do not wish to have this allocation made, you must log out before clicking the button.
2. The plug-in provider saves these data as a user profile and uses them for advertising and market research purposes and/or to design his Website in line with demand. In particular this kind of data analysis is being undertaken to display need-based advertisements and to inform other social network users about your activities on this Website.
3. Additional information about the purpose and extent of the collection of data and its processing by the plug-in provider is available at the following communicated data privacy statements of these suppliers. That is where you will also be given further information about your corresponding rights and setting options for protecting your privacy.
4. Addresses of the respective suppliers and URLs:
Google Maps: https://www.google.de/maps/;
Section 6 Right to information
1. According to the Federal Data Protection Act, you are at all times entitled to free information about your personal data that has been stored by us as well as having, as required, the right to have your personal data corrected, blocked or deleted.
By contacting us you may cancel your consent to have data collected, processed and used in the future.
Section 7 Data protection contact
1. Should you have any further questions regarding the collection, processing and use of your personal data, or regarding information or corrections or the blocking or deletion of data as well as the cancelling of consent given, please contact:
Geiger Edelmetalle AG
Stromstr. 6, D-04571 Rötha
Phone + 49 (0) 34206 9869-0
Fax + 49 (0) 34206 9869-184